UNINVITED GUESTS

My kingfisher of spring 

You loiter calmly

Your live azure against the thriving green on the tree-top

The benevolent mother sends a companion

Together you sit

Filling my horizon with bliss...


Motherless

Cunning black-and-white meandering in semi-darkness

You kindle the mother in me

Tiny muscles on the frail structure makes me want to feed you

Moved by instinct, you defend God knows what

You meow near me and run away

For the mother...


Grassy Guy

Bright brittle

My ladybird in shining armour

Measures the length of my leg

The grass-smell spreads all over

How the tiny legs support you!

What do you seek over the frame of my glasses?

On which intricate nerve do you feel the fear of my touch?

Why fear?

No one can imagine you harmed...


Lost Ant

You are a seeker

Grain, oil, sugar... It is easy to please you 

But you have lost your way

To forget the smell of the clan

What a curse! Now you will wander the world looking for family

You hate the smell of my pillow, I can say

It's not what you want

Anger bites on my neck

Fingers can't be gentle enough

On broken legs, you go, destined to trail uncharted territories...


Butterfly of Night

Your four eyes (two real two fake) find the light

Silk spun around you withers near the electric wind

I envy your cocoon hermitage

The dazzling patterns of your wings

Oh! You are in company

Shine bright when your wings meet...


Snake on a Rainy Day

The fatal flood brought you out

Earthy hues and deadly rings 

Crawled the ground

You bit the man, but whose poison is stronger?

He walks

You…


Ms. Renjitha. K. R 

Assistant Professor of English 

Al Shifa College of Arts and Science 

Kizhattoor, Perinthalmanna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

എതിരില്ലാത്ത എതിര്

കുറഞ്ഞുവരുന്ന മാനുഷിക മൂല്യങ്ങളിലേക്ക്...

Ensuring Integrity: Best Practice to Prevent Exam Malpractices