Companionship

Dragged into this relationship years ago

I shunned him and tried to walk away

Destiny is strange, the attempt was in vain!


Urged to be a part of me, helpless was him

He would show me what I fail to see, they assured;

He showed me indeed, what I failed to see!


We walked together, shared views alike

Slept, dreamt and woke up together

Alas! I fell for him!


He grew thicker but lighter, as I grew older

Naughty him; slides often playfully

To be tightly held close to me!


I can’t, but admit; we are in love

We could hardly part, I understand

Abandoned will he be, the moment I bid adieu!

 

You suit none, save for me

You were designed for me

Dear spectacles, you will lose your sight once I lose mine!


Saritha. K 

Head, Dept of English 

Al Shifa College of Arts and Science Kizhattoor, Perinthalmanna


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

എതിരില്ലാത്ത എതിര്

കുറഞ്ഞുവരുന്ന മാനുഷിക മൂല്യങ്ങളിലേക്ക്...

Ensuring Integrity: Best Practice to Prevent Exam Malpractices