On the Symmetry of it All

 

In a world where dreams are born anew

And old ones shatter in a matter of moments

The transitory nature of everything baffles me.

The very existence of life appears to be fragmentary and beyond my grasp!

I pine over the paradoxical living

And find pleasure in the pain...

I imagine unhappy, frustrated, lifeless zombies

Walking around me and I try to blend in!


There it goes!

Whenever I try to understand life

What emerges first is this gruesome, undesirable picture of malcontent lives.

Makes me wonder is it in my genes to be so pessimistic!


I see how my calm world

Comes upon storms and tsunamis

On account of trivial matters...

I catch hold of the folly in me

To be a grand Confessional Poet

And end up at a loss on what to make of me.


I decide to occupy myself

In the greater process of meaning making.

I try to analyse people, situations, actions

And life itself in all its intricacies.


I begin to see patterns

Patterns of humdrum activities, slowness

And archaic wisdom disguised as practicality.

Occasionally do I see

Something which makes sense

Something that is rich in meaning

Something that has a life of its own...


I take in such revelations as an oyster does a sand grain

I forge my meaning mansions with them

On the shores of tumultuous waters

Hoping not to meet yet another storm...


Ms. Renjitha. K. R, Assistant Professor of English, Al Shifa College of Arts and Science, Kizhattoor, Perinthalmanna 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

എതിരില്ലാത്ത എതിര്

കുറഞ്ഞുവരുന്ന മാനുഷിക മൂല്യങ്ങളിലേക്ക്...

Ensuring Integrity: Best Practice to Prevent Exam Malpractices