A Heart that Beats for an Everlasting Love

Review of the book I Too Had a Love Story by Ravinder Singh

A software engineer turned novelist, Ravinder Singh rose to prominence when his autobiographical love story, "I Too Had a Love Story," became a best-seller on the national level.

The love tale between Ravin and Khushi dominates this novel and stands out strongly. Ravin tells the tale with refreshing transparency, and the narrative effectively displays his sentiments and emotions.

Given that this is a true tale, I have sympathy for the author. I recognize the motivation and feelings underlying Ravin's narrative, as well as the degree of bravery it must have required him to expose his most private thoughts to the world.

Having said that, I find it difficult to ignore the writing style as an amateur writer. Although I can appreciate the author's decision to tell the narrative "as is," I think this would have been a much more enjoyable read if it had been more tightly edited.

Additionally, there is one very bizarre episode in this novel. This raises questions about the "great love" that this novel is founded on. Ravin was leaving to visit Khushi since she was in crisis, for want of a better term to avoid giving away any major plot points in this review. He observes the air hostess during the flight, which is when the love of his life is allegedly in grave danger. You did indeed read that accurately. The flight hostess is examined by him. How could I accept it??

I chose this book in an unusual way. I usually like my "happily-ever-after," so a tragedy that occurs in real life is much more upsetting. The preface on the front page, which was written by Mr. Narayan Murthy, drew my interest more than the fact that this book was a national best seller. I picked up this book since Mr. Murthy had reviewed a love tale that piqued my interest.

Ms. Shilna. V. K, Assistant Professor of Statistics, Al Shifa College of Arts and Science, Kizhattoor, Perinthalmanna 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

എതിരില്ലാത്ത എതിര്

കുറഞ്ഞുവരുന്ന മാനുഷിക മൂല്യങ്ങളിലേക്ക്...

Ensuring Integrity: Best Practice to Prevent Exam Malpractices