The Bound

 

I'm that woman you chained

The ignorance in whose words 

The impertinence in whose looks 

The joy in whose laughs

Contaminate this world. 


The woman who made you laugh,

The one who stood 

by your side when you were broke, 

The one who gave wings to your dreams. 

But, today I am a prisoner 

In the dark of my own place. 


How could I know what's wrong with my words? 

They pestered you always, unlike the past. 

Now, like these cruel times, 

You too have changed. 


But, today I'm chained-

For it was only I who did not change-

In my own place

By my own people. 


Rameez Ban P M, Assistant Professor of English, Al Shifa College of Arts and Science, Kizhattoor, Perinthalmanna 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

എതിരില്ലാത്ത എതിര്

കുറഞ്ഞുവരുന്ന മാനുഷിക മൂല്യങ്ങളിലേക്ക്...

Ensuring Integrity: Best Practice to Prevent Exam Malpractices