A Melting Soul

Oh brother, you're my shining gem,

My soul's companion, my voice's hymn.

In you, I see my reflection clear,

My inspiration, forever near.


For a girl lost in the dark,

Stripped of right, silenced stark,

Hopeless, speechless in despair,

You brought light, showed a path so fair.


At eighteen, sweet as honey's kiss,

Books turned to brooms, a painful twist.

At twenty, amidst life's stormy sea,

The world felt like a prison to me.


Yes, indeed, the world seemed a jail,

Speechless, clueless, in heart's travail.

Both culprit and prisoner, I felt the chains,

Hopeless, adrift in my own pains.


Yet innocent in the eyes divine,

And in memories of love once mine.


Then you, dear brother, came to my side,

In every trial, my steadfast guide.

You gave me strength when I was weak,

To fight the battles, bold and meek.


You handed me pens and papers fair,

Courage, confidence, beyond compare.

Motivation flowed from your heart's well,

Turning brooms back to books, as tales to tell.


You bestowed upon me courage anew,

The wealth of spirit, the confidence true.

With you, life's aspirations gleam,

In your embrace, I find my dream.


No words suffice, no verse can express,

The depth of gratitude, the warmth, the bless.

But 'thank you,' simple and true,

From the depths of my heart, to you.


Mekha C. M, Assistant Professor of Commerce, Al Shifa College of Arts amd Science, Keezhattur, Perinthalmanna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

എതിരില്ലാത്ത എതിര്

കുറഞ്ഞുവരുന്ന മാനുഷിക മൂല്യങ്ങളിലേക്ക്...

Ensuring Integrity: Best Practice to Prevent Exam Malpractices