The Capital City

 Oh, it's an amazing Christmas night, looking shinier and cooler. The rain is wetting me down as usual to cool me down and calm my mind. I'm very excited to leave my border for a change; it happened after two years of waiting. The horn has jolted me awake. I jumped right in; it's difficult to catch your breath after 3 minutes in the station. The train is floating slowly to the capital city of Kerala; oh, that is TVM. I noticed SHARPTIME while I was at the station. Oh, my goodness, I got there on time and without a hitch, but I forgot it was Christmas night and everyone was fast asleep, so traffic is a mystery for the day. Oh, stupid! The train is on the track, not on the road. Everyone is rushing to catch the low-floor bus to downtown; I, too, board the bus and make my point while carrying luggage. And I arrived at my destination after a hurried journey. I waited until 6 a.m. to call her. Don't forget to introduce her as my hostel warden; she's nothing special. a calm, middle-aged lady with an ever-curious face. The city has become mistier and dimly lit. Every whine is drowned out by the Christmas decorations. That gave me a lot of pleasure and the coolest mind ever. Yeah, this capital city does not compare with New York City or Dubai City because this is our God's own country. 

As a member of a particular community, I learn to respect everyone. I respect their customs, beliefs, and everything else, but their behaviour was inconsistent to me. Someone is staring at me with suspicion because of my appearance (I'm a girl with scaf). Someone ignores it and drives away without looking up. Within a blink, I witnessed a change in everything. And the pleasure faded quickly; I was lonely here. Alone with a bunch of books, I decided to use my time entirely for studies and preparation for the exam. The day is filled with long bus rides, much like writing long essay questions. Every day, I used to wonder why people are divided by differences in appearance, not in color, but in reality, which is more toxic than color. Color options include white, brown, and black, and there are many to choose from and compare. They did, however, separate me from religion. I hesitated to move around the places that I used to go. Without those branches of my old group of smiles, I felt so anonymous here. Food becomes a nightmare for me as the day progresses. It made my stomach tense. As a result, I stopped eating such bland, sloppy food. But, you know, I have to eat, right? So Zomato helped me catch my favourite foods within 10 minutes. So, I climb on it.

I arrived at college after a long bus ride, where I felt something wonderful every day. The long road was adorned with leaf shadows in the spring. It's the most memorable scene I've ever seen. With a smiling, innocent face, the gate is opened, giving me greater courage to tackle my most difficult exams. During the holidays, the campus is so empty that I get the sound of a breeze by leaving old leaves behind. The scene is completely different here. I met wonderful hearts with charming faces who respected one another. They welcomed me more and more each day, so I quickly bonded with them. They treated me as if I were a member of their own family. They shared the food they gathered from the wonderful gardens around them.

One day, despite my desire to get up from my seat because of the toughness of the case study portion of the question, her blessed voice quickly melted my tension and tuned up my mind. Every day I rushed to catch the bus, but it was too horrible to stand long enough to sit a bit to reach home. I can hear the sound waves, which remind me that the sea is nearest to you. I used to see the sunset inside the leaf every day, so I decided to visit there for a break from my excitement. It's a cool and amazing one. The sea is gleaming with gold. With this golden water, the sun shines brightly. and turn off its light with a glance, it fades away.

At home, two small souls with innocent smiles await the opportunity to share their day and hopes. They are willing to listen and enjoy sharing information with me because I am the eldritch one. We sipped hot coffee and munched on snacks while chatting. After that, we are fully committed to our studies. They are my dream doctors, and I have always wished for them to achieve their goals.

I usually count down the days while reminiscing. I've finally arrived at the long-awaited day. On the last day, it was the busiest day at TVM. Each second is allotted to engage in a different activity. Because I was 10 minutes late, I arrived at the exam hall with a mix of anxiety and excitement. After finishing my exam, I went to say good-bye to the golden sun and boarded the orange electric bus, a 10-rupee bus, to return to my destination, which is yet another thing that makes me wonder. That helps me get home earlier.  

After freshening up, it was time to say goodbye to everyone and hurry to the railway station to get the seat I had reserved prior to my arrival. I was thrilled to reach at Point Angadipuram around 4.30 a.m. I've finally arrived home, and I'm glad to be here. I smiled as I breathed the smell of my home. relaxed! 

Ashida A.P, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce, Al Shifa College of Arts and Science, Keezhattur, Perinthalmanna 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

എതിരില്ലാത്ത എതിര്

കുറഞ്ഞുവരുന്ന മാനുഷിക മൂല്യങ്ങളിലേക്ക്...

Ensuring Integrity: Best Practice to Prevent Exam Malpractices